I’m pretty consistent with my diet, and I haven’t had sugar in almost two years. That being said, I do give myself a cheat day – every Sunday – so my body can chill for a while.
I don’t eat sugar on cheat days, because I don’t want to overdo things. This used to make me cranky as heck when I first started, eventually getting used to it. BUT, with all that being said, I guess everyone has a breaking point. *insert hysterical laughter here*
Krispy Kreme kiosks need to be made illegal at airports. Even if they have to set up shop, it needs to be as far away from the boarding gates as possible. For someone that the reaches airport and checks in super early because of the impending rush, self-control becomes a ginormous issue.
You haven’t had a donut in two years, I told myself, and you can control this six am craving.
So I passed by the kiosk once. Successfully. Did that a second time. Gave up and got myself a Belgian donut thingy, new on the menu, and the guy actually laughed at me. I think I wolfed it down in a minute. Or even less than. It’s been four hours since I had all that sugar and I’m actually super happy. Reporting zero traces of crankiness on the horizon, viability almost at a hundred percent, we are in for a sunny day in my head, irrespective of the actual weather outside.
The point* I’m trying to make here is:
• It’s okay to have a cheat day, and one tiny cheat meal, as long as you’re doing it in moderation.
• Ensure that you don’t deny your body – and at the same time, don’t overfeed yourself. Most of us have done that at some point, only to have regretted later.
• Sugar ages you faster, so refrain from too much of it. Only have it if you must. Like I needed the donut after a two year break. It was heaven.
• Hydrate. Apple cider vinegar in water actually kills the attack of the “munchies”, and it’s so effective. Tried and tested.
• Make sure you go back to your normal routine after you’ve cheated. So important.
*points. I realize I just listed out five of those. It’s okay. We all know I cannot resist a good listicle.
Have an amazing start to the week, folks!