You read a book, and a part of it sticks with you. Sometimes even for ever. Some of these quotes are so beautiful, you want to get them printed on tees and on mugs. And some become the wallpapers that adorn your phone or your laptop. Here are ten of my absolute favorites, starting with a quote from a book I happened to read only yesterday.
• You can’t sit on the fence for ever.
– My Sister The Serial Killer, Oyinkan Braithwaite
• Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.
– Eleanor and Park, Rainbow Rowell
• Anybody can look at you. It’s quite rare to find someone who sees the same world you see.
– Turtles All The Way Down, John Green
• It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward that love.
– Every Day, David Levithan
• I’m constantly left to wonder if the people we are online will lever materialize in real life.
– Puddin’, Julie Murphy
• There’s something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold.
– Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn
• In my opinion, most marriages are based either on money or on the fear of being alone.
– The Other Woman, Daniel Silva
• Men who want to get married
propose. You don’t need to read the signs. They propose and that’s the sign.
– Wedding Night, Sophie Kinsella
• Rich folks can tolerate almost anything, but not rejection.
– The King of Torts, John Grisham
• What happens when people open their hearts? They get better.
– Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami
What are some of your favorite book quotes?