The second trailer for American Horror Story: 1984 dropped a few days ago, and IT LOOKS SO GOOD! Ryan Murphy, as usual, slays yet again. The new season airs on September 18, 2019.
1. The major players are missing. Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett don’t make an appearance in the ninth season of the anthology. Evan Peters, too. He said he wanted to take a break from the show. This makes me very sad, but okay.
2. New cast members. We have Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester from Glee), and DeRon Horton (Dear White People). Angelica Ross from the show Pose will be joining the cast of 1984. She also makes history as the first transgender person to be cast as a series regular in two tv shows. Woot woot!
3. I also caught a glimpse of John Carroll Lynch. He played Twisty the clown in Freak Show as well as Cult. I smell a connection.
4. Matthew Morrison’s bulge makes a very prominent appearance through the little shorts he wears in the trailer. So yes, expect soft-core adult movie action that you get with almost all seasons of AHS. Ooh, and everyone looks amazing. The eighties were so… fashion forward.
5. Olympian Gus Kenworthy stars as Emma Watson’s character’s boyfriend. I’m looking forward to their onscreen chemistry.
6. Cody Fern is a series regular and looking super retro in that hair with those bleached blonde tips.
7. Apparently, there’s going to be a Billie Eilish song and I cannot wait.
8. There’s a dude in sunglasses. He reminds me of Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, who killed people between June 1984 to August 1985, using a wide variety of weapons. This fits the theme too.
9. The music is going to be KILLER. I can already tell.
10. There could also be a twist like the one they put on Roanoke. It’s hard to tell, because this is AHS we are talking about. But I’m speculating at this point. This has to be the campiest season, ever.
Does anyone watch the show? Who’s excited?